Wednesday, August 25, 2021

5082. Go to Hatch Distilling Co in Egg Harbor

 I am not one for distilleries since I don't like alcohol straight up but I did want to Hatch Distilling Company in Egg Harbor since I heard good things about them. Since they did not open until noon, our wine trolley was not able go to Hatch Distilling Company as part of our tour. However, my cousins and I opted to stop for a drink before I had to head home.

Hatch Distilling Company distills their own vodka, gin, apple brandy, bourbon, and limoncello. We could have done a flight of .5 oz neat pours but opted for cocktails instead. They have nine original cocktails  and three simple classic cocktails along with a slush of the day on their menu currently. 

I opted for the Supper Club Old Fashioned. It is made with their apple brandy and bitters. I opted for sweet just like I always do.

Jeanne went with the Hibisky Old Fashioned which is an old fashioned made with bourbon and hibiscus syrup. She got hers pressed. She is not a brandy drinker so this was perfect for her. 

Cindy chose the Cherry Smash which was bourbon, cherry, lemon, and bitters so similar to an old fashioned but not quite. 



I did sample the others and they were good. I am in love with Apple Brandy Old Fashioneds now. 

Besides their cocktails, they also sell various cocktail mixers and simple syrups to make your own cocktails at home. 


I would come back to Hatch Distilling Co, get a Supper Club Old Fashioned at the end of the day and chill on the patio with my cousins, friends, or even the hubby. The drinks and atmosphere is a great day to wind down after a day of exploring Door County. They were only open to 6 pm when I was there so a perfect spot for an pre-dinner cocktail before hitting a supper club or fish boil later. The only downside, there is no water view on the patio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment