Wednesday, August 25, 2021

5036. Go to Edgewood Orchard Galleries in Fish Creek

 I love sculptures and sculpture gardens. When I found out the Edgewood Orchard Galleries in Fish Creek had a sculpture garden, I had to check it out. Due to our girls' weekend getting cut short, I decided I'd check it out after the wine trolley. My cousins agreed to accompany me. 

Edgewood Orchard Galleries has been around since 1969. The actual galley is in an old fruit barn built in 1918. There is a nice patio to sit outside and enjoy life. There is also a sculpture garden through a small section of woods. Like most places in Door County, parking is always an adventure with a small lot. We got lucky and snagged a spot as someone was leaving.

The Sculpture garden is full of whimsical statues all for sale... most, if not all, are out of my price range. If I had a fancy house on a lake, I would love some of these sculptures.. the hubby most likely would not agree with me. I really liked the animal ones.











We also had fun posing with sculptures. 








I kind of wish we went in the gallery to look at the artwork. You never know what you will find at a price point you can afford. Door county is full of local artists and their work. It is still something I have to get used to because I don't think of art when I think of Wisconsin. 

Edgewood Orchard Galleries is definitely worth stopping even if just to ogle at the sculptures. I would definitely come back and check out the sculpture gallery again as well as the inside gallery. It is something I would want to do during the week instead of a busy summer weekend as it was quite busy when we were there during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment