Tuesday, August 10, 2021

3203. See the book mural at the Kansas City Public Library

 When I saw that the Kansas City Public Library has a giant bookcase mural on the side on their building, I knew I had to check it out. I figured the hubby would not be too thrilled with visiting a library on vacation. I just told him we were going to check it out.

Initially we went to the wrong library. I grabbed the address for the Plaza branch not the Central branch. The hubby didn't know what I meant by a mural of books and he was like there's a painting. It was a small and inside. I'm like this is not the right library. Just forget it. 

He insisted we go to the right branch. 

I am so glad he insisted we go to the right branch. It is a gorgeous mural on the outside of the parking lot that spans nearly an entire block. Even the stairs look books.



It is a quick stop and actually not out of our way to the Negro Baseball Museum after the WWI museum. 

I would definitely say to check it out when you are in Kansas City. There is a garden on the roof too supposedly. Due to time constraints, I didn't have time to explore the library or the parking lot. Maybe one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment