Sunday, August 8, 2021

5081. Climb the Eagle Tower in Peninsula State Park in Door County

 As much as I wanted to go to Peninsula State Park to climb the Eagle Tower, I did not want to deal with the weekend crowds at the state park. It was not on my radar to do this weekend. However, after the ghost trolley tour, Stacy and I decided to go back to find the cemeteries in Peninsula State Park and I was as long as we there can we climb the new tower?

Even though I had no clue where the tower was located, we decided we check it out as well. It turns there are two entrances to Peninsula State Park and the tower is located by the golf course entrance which is the entrance we went in.

There was an old Eagle Tower that was deemed unsafe to climb anymore and was torn down. It was bummed that I never got to climb it before that happened. However, they built a new one and it is way better.

The new one is not only a tower that you can climb to the top but it also features a canopy walk where you can walk up a series of ramps to the tower of the tower. The ramp is great since I don't have to freak out about the heights as I climb and you get to commune with nature on the climb.





Once we got to the top, the views are magnificent.




Remember all those people I was afraid of? Yeah we didn't have to worry about them because we were in the park before 9 AM and it was raining. Rain usually keeps people away. Because of the rain, we did the canopy walk to the top and then took the stairs down.

I would highly recommend the Eagle Tower any time you are in Door County. It does require either a state park pass or a daily fee to enter the park. The daily fee is $10 and is good all day. Besides the Eagle Tower, there is so much to see and do in Peninsula State Park that you can easily spend the whole day there. Go get your nature on.

No comments:

Post a Comment