Wednesday, August 25, 2021

5031. Go to Wisconsin Cheese Masters in Egg Harbor

 I love cheese. Wisconsin is known for their cheese. I discovered several new cheese places in Door County that I wanted to check out. We've always stopped at Renard's to get cheese curds but some of these other places sounded good to. The first one I checked out was Wisconsin Cheese Masters.

Wisconsin Cheese Masters sells the hard to find cheese made by Wisconsin Cheese master. Most of it is impossible to find outside of Wisconsin and pretty hard to find within the state unless you go to their store or website. The cheese is artisanal cheese that is made in small batches. They can have up to 60 different varieties of cheese at one time.

I was first introduced to Wisconsin Cheese Masters on our wine trolley tour earlier in the day. My cousins and I opted to come back after the tour to sample more cheese and buy some as well. Most of their cheese is good unrefrigerated up to 24 hours so we could have bought cheese earlier in the day but opted not to.

We sampled the same varieties of cheese we did earlier in the day including the golden and Snowfield, which is made with winter cow's milk. We also tried a cheese that tasted just like a cheeseburger. I also had a piece of TN Whiskey cheese. 

They were all very good but I loved the golden the best. It has flavors of Gouda, Cheddar, Parmesan and Swiss. The taste of parmesan but the creaminess of gouda makes this just an absolute delight. It is definitely wine cheese. One you eat in small bites but it so good.

Wisconsin Cheese Masters is on my list of places to stop in Door County every time now. They are open 10-6 almost every day of the year so it would be quick and easy to make a cheese run in the middle of winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment