Saturday, August 14, 2021

5175. Go to a Lakeshore Chinooks game

 When I found out the hubby was going to be in Iowa, I made plans to catch up with a high school friend. As we were finalizing our plans, she asked if I wanted to go to a Chinooks game and I was like if they are still playing. She confirmed they were and got us front row seats to the last game of the year.

The Lakeshore Chinooks is a Northwoods League team located in Mequon. They play at Concordia University and are made up of college players around the county. I have never been to a Northwoods League game and always wanted to go. The Green Bay Booyah and Fond du Lac Dock Spiders are also members of this league. I've been to both of their stadiums but never for a Northwoods League game. 

My friend made sure I was dressed appropriately and gave me a Chinooks t-shirt to wear.


It was Bob Uecker Hall of Fame induction speech bobblehead night so we got in line early to make sure we got our bobbleheads. 

Several players and the mascot were signing autographs before the game. You never know who will make it to the big leagues.

It was a good night for baseball. The seats were awesome. Even though we had front row seats behind home plate (and behind the netting), we could see the whole field. The Chinooks managed to hang on and win.





My friend made sure I got the full Chinooks experience and got my picture taken with Gill, the mascot.

I would definitely go back. It is cheap entertainment -- about the cost of sitting in the bleachers at a t-rats game. I still need to see a Dock Spiders and Booyah game too. One day.. one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment