Tuesday, September 6, 2022

3351. Go to Fort Cody Trading Post in North Platte

 When planning our trip across Nebraska for the second time this year, I made a list of 12 places that we could see between Denver and Omaha and told the hubby to pick 2. He said that was too many to choose from and I narrowed it down to four. Since Fort Cody and Cody Train park were in North Platte, that is what he decided on.

Fort Cody Trading Post has been around since 1963. Back in the day it was your typical tourist attraction that you really don't see too much of any more. It is a gift shop and mini museum. 

Inside the museum area you can find Buffalo Bill's Wild West show in Miniature. 

The most interesting feature is the two headed calf. This was worth the stop.

There is also a small exhibit on the old west. 



We did not go in the backyard. I'll be honest. I missed the door leading out there. The hubby peeked out and decided it wasn't worth it. I would have liked to see what was behind that stockade. Oh well.

We did not buy anything. I really didn't need another postcard and nothing else really caught our eye.

The hubby said Fort Cody is one of those tourist places from the 1980s that you don't see any more. It really wasn't that exciting. Good thing it's pretty much right off the highway and it's free to see otherwise it would have been a waste of time. If I had my choice I'd stop at the Archway in Kearney over Fort Cody

If you need a break driving through Nebraska, this would be a good stop to stretch your legs if you like the Old West.

No comments:

Post a Comment