Monday, September 5, 2022

6736. Go to Voodoo Doughnut

 When I was trying to figure out what we can see on Colfax Ave, I saw that had a Voodoo Doughnut on Colfax Ave. I've heard good things about Voodoo Doughnut and decided we were getting donuts for breakfast the next morning.

When I tell the hubby that we are stopping at Voodoo Doughnut after the baseball game, our conversation goes like this

Me; "We are going to drive down Colfax Ave and stop at Voodoo Doughnuts." 

The hubby: "Is this like a 24 hour doughnut place?"

Me: "No but pretty close. They close at 2 am and re-open at like 4. They have foo-foo doughnuts."

I didn't expect that parking down by the capitol on Labor Day to be a problem but it was. We parked on a side street and walked about two blocks to get to Voodoo Doughnuts.

Then we had to figure out which of the fifty different varieties of donuts to get. Lucky for they have a rotating display case with all their donuts in them plus picture menus. 

The hubby surprised me with going with Portland Cream (Bavarian Cream) and a Chocolate Ring. I went with Chuckles (chocolate frosting, peanuts, and caramel drizzle) and Chocolate Coconut Cake. They lived up to my expectations. We will definitely go back if we come across another one.

If you find one, check them out and definitely try one of their more exotic donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment