Monday, September 5, 2022

301. Drive down the longest street in the US

 When we decided to go to Denver, I wanted to try to get to longest street in the US. This is just one of the weird bucket list ideas that I'm not even sure how it ended up on the list. I probably heard of it somewhere and decided that I had it to do. 

Colfax Avenue is the longest continuous street in the US, running over 50 miles from Strasburg to Golden Colorado. As much as I would like to drive the entire length, I knew that would not be feasible and opted for a short section.


The first thing I discovered was that the Colorado State Capitol was on Colfax Avenue. This made crossing off Colorado State Capitol and drive down the longest street in the US very doable especially since they weren't too far from Coors Field.

After leaving the baseball game, we headed towards Colfax Avenue. Our first stop was the State Capitol. I snapped a picture from the car at a red light. I'm all about just seeing the capitol building and getting a picture versus touring it. 

Then we headed east on Colfax Ave for about a mile We stopped and got some donuts and head back west on Colfax Avenue before heading out of town.

Even though we only drove a short portion of the longest street in the US, it was still fun to be on it. Maybe one day I we will drive the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment