Saturday, September 24, 2022

2022 Girls Weekend Alcohol Tour: Ecker's Apple Farm

 I put Stacy in charge of finding other things to do including wineries and breweries. She found an orchard that looked promising. Since it was on our way back to La Crosse, we decided to check it out. Who doesn't like an orchard in fall.

Ecker's Apple Farm is located just outside of Trempealeau and is open on Friday 4-8 and Sat-Sunday 10-6 from July-September and 12-6 on weekends in October. 

Being an Apple Farm, you can pick your own apples but it is so much more. Ecker's Apple Farm is a gathering place for fall fun. There is corn hole, live music, and just being able to sit outside and mingle with family and friends.



The real reason we stopped was they had a beer garden and we hoped food. The beer garden features twelve different taps including two ciders made on site. Some of the beers I think were also brewed there while others are from area craft breweries. I loved that the tap pulls were different tools. It was very unique.


I got Ecker's Fat Blossom Girls Cider while Stacy got Blood Orange WT Radler. It was a tough choice between cider and the Radler because I usually can't pass up Radler. I was slightly disappointed that they didn't offer flights but I understand offer cups were just much easier to deal with.

The cider was very good as was Stacy's Radler. I do believe I made the right choice though. I contemplated buying some to take home but I found that cider in a bottle doesn't taste the same as cider from the tap. The hubby and I found that out when we opened out bottle we got at Island Orchard Cider last year. 

Food selection on the other hand was disappointed. There were two food trucks. One that mainly appeared to have snacks and melts neither which sounded good.

Or you could get pie from the pie truck. We wanted food if we were going to be drinking not apple pie or deconstructed caramel apples. I do have admit the pie truck was cute and definitely would get my business if we ever make it back.

We quickly finished our drinks and opted to head to the winery up the road where they had charcuterie boards which would make a fine dinner.

If you are ever in the LaCrosse area in early fall on the weekend, go check out Ecker's. I wished it was closer because it would be a fun place to relax on the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment