Saturday, September 24, 2022

2022 Girls Weekend Alcohol Tour: Reads Landing Brewing Company

 There are several things that I try to search out when planning a girls weekend. One of them being breweries and wineries. I prefer wineries but Stacy likes a good craft beer so they both get hit. This allows to me to try discover new beers and maybe, just maybe find one I like. 

I found Reads Landing Brewing Company from a Facebook Post regarding the Wabasha's Septoberfest and they were offering a beer that was created just for it. I figured it was a good stop for lunch. 

We had about an hour for lunch so we could make it to the Eagle Presentation at 1 pm. It was going to be tough but we let them know we were on a time crunch. We got seated at the bar.

In usual Stacy and Amy fashion, we split a flight of beer. It featured the six beers on tap and was $14. I thought it was a bit pricy but I really don't do beer so I can't really say. 

The beers were Foghorn Hazy IPA, Showboat American Robust Porter, Fallfest German Altbier, Castaway German Kolsch, Karlsbrau Bavarian Hefeweizen, and Outlaw Trail IPA.

We each sampled them all and I know I ones I didn't like (the Porter) and ones that were better than others. I know I liked the Hazy IPA but can't remember which other ones that I could tolerate. I really like flights because then I don't have to attempt to drink an entire beer. These small pours are perfect for me.

I went with Currywurst for lunch and Stacy had a smothered Rib-Eye Sandwich. I don't normally see Currywurst on a menu and went with the traditional German sausage to go with my German beer. It was really good example that the Curry Ketchup got all over everything. I was a sticky mess by the time I was done. Stacy's sandwich looked good too.

I definitely would recommend Reads Landing Brewing Company both for its beer and food. It is a not a huge place but the beer and food are great. The water views don't hurt either. 


No comments:

Post a Comment