Saturday, October 30, 2021

6624. See Wicked

Wicked the musical was coming to town. It was going to be the first show at the PAC since the pandemic began. Even though it is on the bucket list, Wicked was not high on my list of musicals I wanted to see but if someone asked me to go, I would go. Well that person was my friend Brenda who has season tickets to the PAC. She text me two days before the show asking if I wanted to go. I nearly died at the ticket price but to be in row six of the orchestra section almost center stage, I didn't need my luggage that bad. I sent her the money and made plans to meet downtown.



Wicked is loosely based on the Wizard of Oz. The premise of the story is the friendship between Elphaba (the wicked witch) and Galinda (Glinda the good witch) while away at the same boarding school. I knew it had to do with The Wizard of Oz but like most musicals I really didn't know the story of what I was going to be seeing.


It was a wonderful production. The characters, costumes, and special effects were amazing. I just don't think I could be in the green suit for that long like Elphaba. To get her skin green, it looked like she wore the same type of body suit as the Blue Man Group does. We were close enough that I could try to figure out the details of how she was green. 


Definitely see Wicked when it comes to town. It is an amazing show. And don't worry the dragon head's really doesn't do much besides move from side to side. If you are sitting in the orchestra, it will not fall on you intentionally like the chandelier in Phantom of the Opera does.



No comments:

Post a Comment