Friday, October 1, 2021

5033. Do the cherry pit spit at Lautenbach’s Orchard Country Winery

 Browsing the many pins on Pinterest, I found out there was a cherry spit at Lautenbach's Orchard Country Winery. Being the person I am, this was right up my alley. I figured Stacy would be game to do the cherry spit with me. 

What is a cherry spit? It is like watermelon seed spitting contest instead of watermelon seeds, it is a cherry pit. It's quite simple and perfect activity for a group of friends to challenge each other.

How to do the cherry spit.

1. Pick up free cherries in the cooler inside the store. 

2. Head out to the back of the store. I had to ask where to do the cherry spit. It made sense it was in the back since I didn't see it out front.

3. Eat the cherry save the pit.

4. Lean back and spit the pit the as far as you can.

With a couple of rolls, my pit went over 20 feet. It hit 15ish feet on a fly. Stacy was about the same. The women's record is 44'3". Yeah no where close. 

It was still fun. It is something totally Door County. 

Lautenbach's is located outside of Fish Creek. It has apples, cherries, wine, and all sorts of yummy cherry products. It is a complete Country Store like many of Door County. Everyone has their favorite Door County favorite Country Store. I think is my favorite. 

If you have never spit cherries or even watermelon seeds, make this a stop on your next Door County trip. You won't regret it. It's fun for the whole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment