Saturday, October 2, 2021

583. Play horseshoes

 I've been waiting to play a game of real horseshoes complete with a horseshoe pit for a really long time. I even asked little bro if he had horseshoes in his outdoor games, he said no. I really didn't want to buy any. 

While on Washington Island, we stopped at Washington Island Farm Museum. The first thing I saw was horseshoe pits and they even had horseshoes. I'm like we have to play. The hubby was like do you even know how to do this? I know you want to get the horseshoe around the stake for 3 points and if it touches the stake, it's one point.

The hubby went first and got it near the pit. Then I went. It barely made it halfway to the pit. Those horseshoes are a lot heavier then expected.

My second throw was a bit better. 

The hubby hit the stake on his third throw. I missed again. It kind of rolled near the stake. 

The hubby said that was enough. He beat me 1-0. Normally we would play to 15 but we might have been there all day and we had a farm to see.

Horseshoes is a lot harder than it is on the Wii. It was still fun. I didn't injure anyone which is always good. I think I will stick to the Wii version from now on. Or maybe just eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment