Friday, October 1, 2021

5064. Go to Ellison Bluff Natural Area in Ellison Bay

 Since I don't have a state park pass, I was looking into various county parks in Door County since I saw posts about them while surfing Pinterest. One of the ones that caught my eye was Ellison Bluff Natural Area. It said to have great views of the bay side and wasn't overly crowded.

After driving around some trees in the middle of the road, we came to the park. 

Parking was park wherever you find a spot big enough for your car. There was a tiny parking lot and then random parking on grass and sides of the road, literally where ever you could fit your car.

Because Stacy's daughter was napping, her son and I checked out the park. The views were stunning.




There is a little catwalk that you can walk out over the bluff. It is only wide enough for a person and probably would fit about 5 or so people on it. 

We did not get a chance to explore the trails since the little one was sleeping. Maybe next time. 

I will definitely be back here. It is small but it looks like there is plenty of opportunity to explore and there is minimal people. And unlike, Door Bluff Headlands County Park the trails don't seem like they want to trip me from the get go. It is not as rugged.


No comments:

Post a Comment