Friday, August 16, 2019

1836. Go to the College Football Hall of Fame

Initially when I was looking at things to do in Atlanta, I skipped over the College Football Hall of Fame. We've been to the NCAA Hall of Champions in Indy and the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton. I knew the hubby would like it but the price of admission was holding me back. It was $22 a person. However, I stumbled across a Groupon where we got parking and 2 admission for $36. Okay, so we weren't gonna use the parking and we still saved $6.



I should have wait to get tickets until the day of. The entire month of August, if you downloaded the Chick-Fil-A app, you got free admission to the Hall of Fame. Hmm.. download an app I might use since Chick-Fil-A was coming to Appleton and I get in free. Dang so much for thinking my $36 Groupon was a good deal. The guy was like you can save your Groupon and I was like um, we're only in town today. 

Everyone is given an access pass as their ticket. You are supposed to be able to register your access pass and then have the interactive displays be geared towards the school you picked. However, we couldn't get it to work at the one display we tried. I picked Carroll and the hubby went with Wisconsin. I was pleasantly surprised to see Carroll listed but apparently one of their coaches in the Hall.




Most of the museum is very interactive. There is a whole display area geared towards tailgating and pregame activities. 





Another section talked about rivalries in the game. I got to see one of the Paul Bunyan Axes. 




Up on the third floor was all different trophies including the DII and DIII championship trophies. There is also the actual hall of fame which is just clear glass with the names etched into it for each year.







On our way out we stopped at the Indoor Playing field where both the hubby and I attempted to kick field goals. The hubby's went wide right. Mine had the distance and the straightness but no height. Alas we were not meant to be kickers. 

I am glad we checked it out. To be honest, we probably would have ended up here anyways as we had more time than we knew what to do with in the afternoon. Kids and teens would love the indoor playing field. It is very well done. If you are a football fan and in Atlanta, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment