Sunday, August 11, 2019

5071. Wine/liquor taste at Vom Fass in Madison

When B&T went to Madison earlier this year, B told me I had to check out Vom Fass. They let you try any kind of wine or hard liquor. I was all about this concept until I did a quick search to find out the exact name of it and realized it was a chain. Okay so I'm thinking grocery store type place.

It definitely doesn't have a grocery store feel. It is set up like a boutique. It has 2 rooms. One has all the olive oils, vinegars, and wines to taste. The other has more of the liqueurs, rums, whiskeys, and other liquors. All the tastings are free but one of the employees must pour it for you. I get pouring the alcohol but the vinegars and oils seemed a bit odd.



You get about a half-ounce of any of the spirits.



Many of them come around the world. My favorite was definitely the sour cherry vodka. If you were really into cocktails and mixology, this definitely a place for you. I'm not one to have large parties with cocktails or a cocktail at home in general.



We didn't taste the wine or the oils mainly because no one was in that room. There really wasn't anything out of the ordinary that screamed to be tried either.



After about 5 or 6 samples, we had our fill of liquor and left without buying which we kind of felt bad about. For me I couldn't justify the price and neither could Stacy.

If you looking for something to do while killing time on State Street, check it out. I won't go out of my way to come back but if I found myself outside, I'd go in.

No comments:

Post a Comment