Saturday, August 10, 2019

Middleton Player Theater Present Beauty and the Beast

The one thing Stacy and I did not plan on doing while in Madison was catch a show. However when she mentioned her friend was in Beauty and the Beast this weekend, I am was game to seeing Beauty and the Beast which happens to be one of my favorite Disney movies.



After purchasing our tickets ($30) online earlier in the day, we headed to Middleton High School. I was to Middleton High School years ago for a football game.

Our seats were in the front row. I was intrigued to find the orchestra pit under the stage and a large opening the floor where to conductor stood. I have to imagine that it would take some practice not to fall into the orchestra pit while on stage. I know I would probably fall into the pit on more than one occasion.

Beauty and the Beast was wonderful. They did an amazing job putting the show. There were additional songs and scenes not in the original movie... like a flashback type scene with a young Belle. All my favorite songs were included especially "Be Our Guest".

When Stacy mentioned her friend, K, was the wardrobe, I immediately thought that she was in charge of the costume department.. not the actual wardrobe in the musical. K did an amazing job at being the wardrobe. I can only imagine how difficult it is to wear the wardrobe costume.

My favorite character though was Chip. Being a talking teacup took some creative costume designing. Chip was literally on a tea cart the entire time. You got to see his face on the side of the tea cup. I can only imagine how he was sitting the entire performance.

The Ensemble also did a wonderful job with all their costume changes and songs. I really believe the ensemble is the true stars of a show since they have many roles through the musical.

It was a very well done show. I would gladly pay $30 again to go see another one of the Middleton Player Theater shows. It may not be Broadway but these are local stars that put in just as much if not more effort while usually balancing another job or two. I'm always glad to support local theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment