Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Spending the night in South Bend

When we finally confirmed where we were going after the World Series and we were going to be staying, I had the fun job of booking hotels. Luckily I only had book 2. The first night we stayed in Canton. The second night we stayed in South Bend. I tend to use Hotels.com when booking hotels. In South Bend, I found Country Inn and Suites for $85. Since we have a rewards card with Country Inn and Suites, I checked their websites and the price varied by pennies. I booked directly though Country Inn and Suites.
I should have known better for $85…

It wasn’t the worse Country Inn and Suites experience we’ve had but it fell short of our expectations.

The girl at the front desk didn’t seem too thrilled to be there when we checked in. Then she proceeded to tell us there was no elevator and we were on the second floor. Normally this won’t bother us but we haven’t been home in a week or more and our oversized luggage was quite heavy.

Our room was fine. The bathroom was modern. The hubby was impressed by the modern looking bathroom. I found it quite tiny but nice.

We were hungry when we got to our room and needed a place to eat. We didn’t want Applebees or similar places as we could get them at home. I look around the room for that binder of information that is every hotel room. No such binder was found. Down to the desk we went. The check-in gal was answering a question for someone else as we neared the desk but disappeared by the time we got there. We did find a local guide in the breakfast room. I start paging through it and between the guide and Google we settled on O’Rourke’s.

In the morning when we went to breakfast, there wasn’t a big selection. The hot dishes were things I didn’t eat. I don’t remember what I had besides some yogurt with granola. What I do remember is that there was no milk. Both the 2% and skim were out. There was no sign or anything indicating this. When a worker finally emerged to refill dishes, I asked and she said, yeah we’re out. Couldn’t you at least put a sign out?  

As we left we saw a delivery truck pulling in…maybe they had my milk.


Overall, we might stay here again if in the area but only if we get a good deal again.

No comments:

Post a Comment