Saturday, September 12, 2015

# 2943. Have pizza in Ohio

Being married to a pizza connoisseur, I decided I wanted to have a pizza in every state since any time we go on a trip, we end up having pizza anyways. I don’t want just go to Pizza Hut or order Papa Johns in every state. I want try a local pizza place. I figured since we were spending the night in Canton, we could find a pizza place in Canton.

When we got to the hotel, we asked the girl checking us in for a recommendation for a pizza place. She sent us to Papa Bears. Papa Bears is a local delivery chain. However not too far from the hotel, there was a dine-in location that was Papa Bear/Pizza Oven. Not knowing better, we entered through the pick-up part of the restaurant. We were directed to the Italian restaurant.


We ordered a sausage pizza and cheese bread. The cheese bread was good. The pizza was rectangular and I wasn’t really impressed by it. The hubby loved it. I think it was more of design issue than a taste issue. The sausage was finely ground and under slices of cheese. It reminded me of Philly steak sandwich. I had issues with the sausage falling out from under the cheese. The crust was quite good.



I would not be opposed to going back. I would try either just a cheese pizza or maybe pepperoni. It is not bad pizza but it’s not what I am used to pizza looking like. I guess this is how they do pizza in Ohio. I am glad we had the opportunity to try Ohio Style Pizza. However, I am still partial to New York Style Pizza. 

No comments:

Post a Comment