Saturday, September 12, 2015

Our First Trip to Friendly's

After we finished playing mini golf, we decided to grab dinner. At first we didn’t know where to go. We initially pulled into a family restaurant that looked quite busy. I said I wanted Bob Evans but there was not one in Jamestown. The hubby was like I know where we’re going. He wanted to go to Friendly’s because if he didn’t get it now he didn’t know when he’d ever get it. Okay. Initially I thought Friendly’s was this fast food joint that sold over priced chicken that we stopped at on our honeymoon. It turns out I was wrong.

Image result for friendly's images

Friendly’s is the East Coast’s version of a Big Boy… classic diner food with ice cream. I went with an appetizer sampler platter and of course an ice cream sundae. The hubby had a burger and a malt. The food was good. I had mini cheeseburgers, waffle fries, and cheese curds on my platter. We shared the fries and curds. The hubby’s fries came in a cute little fry basket.

 I had some outrageous chocolate fudge sundae. It was my kind of sundae… brownies, hot fudge, and chocolate ice cream. It was one of the several choices of sundaes I could choose from. I could also have built my own. Since we bought a meal, my sundae was discounted. Every sundae comes in small, medium, and large. My small sundae was the perfect size for me. If we wanted to share, a medium or large would have been better.


The hubby picked a good choice. It is just too bad we don’t have one here but if we did we would have gone to that family restaurant since we try not to eat at places that we have at home while on vacation. We will visit chain restaurants on vacation if there are not available at home. By following this rule, it allows us to try new places and not get stuck in ruts like we do at home.



No comments:

Post a Comment