Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Home Away From Home -- Jamestown

Babe Ruth put the hubby and the umpires at the Best Western in downtown Jamestown. It turned to be probably the closest hotel to the diamond. That’s where I stayed once I joined the hubby in Jamestown.

The Best Western wasn’t a bad hotel but they just couldn’t keep up with cleaning the rooms, laundry, and fresh towels. I know there were several instances that the room wasn’t cleaned or clean towels given. I get that the whole going green at hotels but not to check if towels were on the floor and to make the beds was just annoying.  Part of the reason for this I think was that most of the staff were teenagers and they just couldn’t keep up with 3 baseball teams and their families.

Breakfast was alright. There was enough variety for me but not a great selection. On my first morning, there was bacon. Only morning on the entire trip that had bacon. 

Internet was something else. I think because I didn't get there at check-in, the hubby didn't bother with a WiFi password. I could hardwire my laptop in the room if I had an ethernet cable. Yeah, I bring that along on vacation. I didn't have a WiFi password unless it was what was scribbled on the key envelope and no ethernet cable. I did very little updating and posting while in Jamestown unless I found some WiFi. I probably would have asked at the desk if someone was there. Oh well, life goes on and it wasn't completely horrible being unplugged. 

Even though they couldn’t keep up with housekeeping, the Best Western wasn’t a bad hotel. It was within walking distance of several restaurants and attractions. The parking lot was small so at night after we got back we would park at the hotel and walk the several blocks to the restaurant or bar. There was a Laundromat across the street so the umpires could do laundry. I would stay there again if we’re in Jamestown as long as it reasonably priced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment