Saturday, September 12, 2015

A little Piece of History

When I talked to the hubby one of the first days he was in Jamestown, he said he saw Babe Ruth’s limo and it’s not that impressive. I remember thinking, why does Babe Ruth need a limo and what’s doing at the 13 year old World Series. Then he sent me pictures and the light bulb went on. It was BABE RUTH’s limo as in the baseball player’s limo. It was a 1922 or 1923 Pierce Arrow Limousine. The guy who owns it got it from his uncle. The car made appearances at most of the games.


Friday afternoon while I was making my laps around the stadium to get in my steps in, I noticed that the Limo was out. I decided I want my picture taken with it. When the hubby came out of the locker room to watch the first game with me, I told him I wanted a picture with the Limo. When we got out there, no one was there and the hubby got to talk “shop” for a bit. We learned the history of the car and some of the rumors about the car like the inside fabric is the Yankee Pinstripe Uniforms when they run the World Series.
Not only did I get a picture next to the car, but I actually got to sit in it. With the steering wheel being so big, it was a tight squeeze to get in and out. The hubby was jealous because he didn’t think he would fit inside. We got our picture taken next to the limo as well.


On Saturday while waiting for the umpires to get dressed for pictures, I saw them drive the car out from underneath the grandstand in the stadium. I decided that is where the Crew picture was taken.  I got a few pictures of the umpire crew even though the sun was getting to the point of causing issues. Then the hubby and I wanted a new picture of us taken since the one from Friday didn’t turn out. Well who took the picture made it a movie instead.


After Tri-Valley won, they drove Babe Ruth’s limo out on the field for pictures. The hubby and I was finally to get one last picture of us next to the Limo and it turned out.



Yes I got to touch a piece of history. I got to sit in a piece of history. It was very cool to have the Limo there for the entire series. It allowed many people to see a piece of history. Thank you Jamestown Babe Ruth for this opportunity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment