Thursday, September 10, 2015

Gotta Go Irish When at Notre Dame

We try to eat at places we can’t get back home on vacation. When we got to South Bend, it was past dinner time. Once we got to our room, I looked for the standard hotel guide that is usually in every room. Ours didn’t have one. We go down to the desk but no one was there. I spied a South Bend guide and we proceeded to check it. Between the guide and Google, we settled on O’Rourke’s – an Irish Pub not too far away that didn’t seem overly pricey.


It was definitely a good choice. The food was excellent. The hubby had a burger. I decided to go with Irish Stew since we were at an Irish pub. I contemplated a couple other items but wanted truly Irish fare. The stew was amazing. It came in a bread bowl with mashed potatoes underneath. Our waitress told me to cut the bread bowl so I could eat the mashed potatoes too. The meat was very tender. Even the hubby said he wished he got the stew. The only issue we had was that they were out of French Dressing for the hubby’s salad – no salad for the hubby.



O’Rouke’s in a town center area right across the street from Notre Dame. There were plenty of restaurants and stores to browse afterwards. I even spied an ice cream place. Too bad I was too full from my stew. There was only street parking but we managed to find a spot about a block away.


If we are ever back in South Bend, I would come back here in a heartbeat and maybe have a glass of Guinness or Harps next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment