Sunday, September 6, 2015

A Side Trip to the Smucker Store

After leaving the Car Museum, we started our way towards Mansfield. When I was planning this trip, I gave the hubby several options based on my bucket list. Once he gave me his approval, I was playing around with Google maps and Google.  Somehow I found that Stark County is part of Ohio Amish Country. Then I started to look into Ohio Amish Country. For the most part, we were on the northern fringes of it. When I looked at a map, I saw that the J.M. Smucker Company Store and Café was just off the road we needed to take. I said we needed to go.


The Smucker Store is just what is sounds like… a store that carries Smucker’s and other similar products.  There is also a small museum at the back. Overall it wasn’t as exciting as it sounded…probably because I am not a jelly/jam kind of person.


The back wall of the store is filled with all sorts of jams and jellies, plus all of their ice cream toppings, that Smucker’s offers even the ones you normally don’t see in the grocery store.  It was fun to see some of the flavors you could get. If I liked Jelly, I would totally try the mango. If you wanted a unique gift or souvenir, you could create your own label for a jar of Smuckers with your picture on it.



The museum is a not what I would call a museum. It is 2 rooms of pictures on the wall explaining the history of Smuckers. By definition you could it is a museum. I prefer museums with artifacts and not just pictures. The gallery was a nice look into the past and history of Smuckers.

Also inside is a Café. We did not visit the café but it looked like I could have an ice cream sundae with Smucker’s toppings. I probably could even get a PBJ sandwich.

We did get Grandma a jar of fruit spread…and I got a postcard.

I'm glad it was only a short distance off the highway. It's one of those places that is been there, done that unless of course you live in nearby and/or like Jelly.


No comments:

Post a Comment