Thursday, August 9, 2018

6451. Enter a watermelon eating contest

As a part of the company picnic at work, there was going to be a watermelon eating contest. Not just any watermelon eating contest but a watermelon eating relay race. Teams of four were to compete against each other for lunch. The problem was there was only one team that signed up and they were going to win by default and the training team couldn't let that happen. I was able to scrounge up three new hires from my training class and being the nice person I am filled the fourth spot.



I figured going up against Tim and crew, if I was anchor I wouldn't even have to eat my quarter of the watermelon. However, one of the new hires wanted to be anchor and so I ended up third.






We didn't end up winning but until the last leg it was anyone's game. We did much better than expected. Tim just blows anyone out of the water when it comes to food.

What I learned from my watermelon eating experience

1. Tie your hair back otherwise your teammates will be doing it for you. I had my hair back but the rest of our team didn't. Take off your glasses too.





2. My big mouth comes in handy and I was able to get us back in the competition after three legs.






3. Watermelon is juicy and it's best to do this barefooted and in old clothes.



4. It's also best do standing up at the edge of a table instead of the middle of the table.







5. Make sure you know exactly how big of a piece you are going have to eat.. our quarters were quite large.





I would not have entered the watermelon eating contest on my own but to help out others that wanted to I stepped up to the plate. It was fun, messy, and entertaining. If the right opportunity came along, I would do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment