Friday, August 17, 2018

Paint the Town

The third Friday of every month during the summer is Art on the Town. I’m usually gone for August but this year since the hubby decided not to do a World Series, we were home. He went and did his football game while Danielle and I headed to Paint the Town – the theme for August.
Because the weather was crappy earlier in the day we weren’t sure if Art on the Town was going to go on as scheduled but it did. However, maybe the weather deterred some artists because it was kind of lame. There were far less artists than usual painting and displaying their paintings than other Art on the Town events that we’ve been to.

Stephanie from book club was there displaying her artwork. She does amazing watercolor needlepoint pieces that if I could figure out where to put one, I would have gladly bought one (or several). She paints fabric with watercolor and the stitches a design on top of it. She said that she had to use her hair dryer to get the paint to dry so she can do the rest of the piece earlier in the day.



The coolest thing about the whole evening was new yarn warps on the light poles and other signs.




Danielle and I were about to give up and head home but we decided to check out Windows of Light because it is such an unique store and they usually have something going on for Art on the Town. To our delight, Carli Ihede was creating partner pieces. You would draw a squiggly line and she would create a random drawing from that squiggly line for the bargain price of FREE. That’s my favorite word…..



Maybe I should have paid her. Danielle got a beautiful, fair maiden…..
Image may contain: drawing
I got a pair of mice!!!! Oh the irony.

We checked out a few shops along the way and made a few mental notes for Christmas presents. It is nice that stores stay open late on Art on the Town so you can browse the shops as well.
It wasn’t my favorite Art on the Town event but it definitely beat sitting home all night. I am hoping it was just the weather keeping people away. Hopefully next year they will have a better turn out and maybe I will get to go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment