Tuesday, August 21, 2018

933. Get into the Guinness Book of Records

Getting in the Guinness Book of World Records is nearly impossible unless you have some sort of talent or lots of time on your hands. I looked into it once to see if I could get the bucket list in the Guinness Book of World Records and it was a hugely complicated process and I couldn’t figure out if it really even qualified to be in the book.So when I saw that Tunderland was trying to set the world record of the number of painted windows displayed at one time and was asking the public for help in painting windows, I added it to my list of things to do Saturday. Tunderland was doing this as part of Windows for a Cause an annual fundraiser for Make a Wish. The best windows were going to be auctioned off and while the rest of them would be displayed for a short period of time.
Painting a window was way easier than I thought it was going to be. I was expecting a lot of people in a small area. Since it was in the new convention center downtown, they actually had a ton of space. Tables were set up across the length of the room with windows already on them.

You picked up a plate of paint as you came in along with some brushes. Then you went to find a window to paint. I had a design in mind so I didn’t want a divided window.

Once I found my window, I set about painting it. It was nothing fancy but it was different than what I usually paint. I went with an umbrella and rain drops and decided to call it Rainy Days.


After I finished painting my window, I took it up to the drop off station where I got to take a picture with my window showing I was part of the World Record Attempt. Then I handed it off and went home.

There was a gala where Tunderland was auctioning off the windows tonight. It was free. I went to check out the window display. They broke the world record but either stacking the windows in piles counted or they had them all displayed prior to setting up for the gala. 
No automatic alt text available.
I wanted to see all 1600+ windows on display but only the top 50 were displayed.
Image may contain: 1 person
It is still pretty awesome to say I was a part of the history and got in the Guinness Book of World Records. 
No automatic alt text available.
I have the picture to prove it J

No comments:

Post a Comment