Saturday, August 25, 2018

4857. Go to the Bookworm Gardens in Sheboygan

Sheboygan has a botanical garden but unlike many other botanical gardens it is a storybook garden. Because I love books, especially children’s books, and flowers, despite a black thumb, I’ve always wanted to check out Bookworm Gardens. I didn’t want to drive to Sheboygan just to check out the gardens, I’ve been waiting for an opportunity to present itself to get there. When Andrea needed a calculator, I finally found the perfect opportunity to drop off her Christmas present (just a few months late…) and hit Bookworm Gardens with Ryan, Tracy, and Carly.
Bookworm Gardens is unique. There’s one whole section devoted to music and people can make music with various instruments. Some are strung in trees; others are lose on the ground. It is very interactive and fun. There is plenty of picture opportunities through the grounds as well that don’t even include climbing and exploring the buildings, creatures, and storybook characters.


Some of my favorites were the three bears all done in vines, the three little pigs’ houses, and the magic school bus. 



Whistling Straits was also a favorite.


Besides the larger displays such as the three bears, there a lot of little storybook characters/houses replicas. Frankie’s dog house…. The duck from Click, Clack, Moo, Johnny Appleseed’s Tree, and a lot more that I can’t even recall.






Yes, the storybook elements are impressive and makes kids get excited for reading, the botanical gardens themselves are gorgeous. Many of the flowers and plants attract butterflies as well so there were a plethora of butterflies.






I wish we had something like this closer. I could find a nice nook and read with a  good book. They are fun to explore and I am sure I would find more details on future visits. The best part is it is free (well donations are accepted) and is great fun for the whole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment