Wednesday, August 15, 2018

I Always Wanted to Visit the Omaha Zoo Parking Lot

The one thing the hubby wanted to see was the old Rosenblatt Stadium, which was the home to the D1 World Series until the NCAA required them to build a new one. A memorial was built in the Omaha Zoo parking lot. I was like really, you want to see a marker in a parking lot? Oh this is going to be loads of fun.



Well, I was greatly mistaken. The memorial was more than just a plaque hidden somewhere in the parking lot. It is actually a mini stadium you can walk around and see exactly where home plate was along with the bases.



Also the original foul poles are still in the parking lot.




I was very impressed with what they kept of the old Rosenblatt including some of the original seats and original gate sign.




If you are a baseball fan, I would highly suggest stopping to check this out if you are in the area. Then go check out the world class zoo, which sadly we did not. The zoo from what I heard is one of the best in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment