Monday, July 10, 2023

5236. Go to Door County Creamery in Sister Bay

No trip to Door County is complete without some ice cream. Wilson's is by far my favorite. However, there are still plenty of ice cream places up and down the peninsula that I have not tried. When Heather agreed to go with me on my Door County Library Road Trip, I told her an ice cream stop was on the list.

After checking out the Sister Bay Library, we had some time to kill before the Ephraim Library opened. I gave Heather the choice -- we could get ice cream in Sister Bay or we could go to Wilson's in Ephraim. She decided since we were in Sister Bay we might as well get ice cream here. Door County Creamery was a short walk from the library.

Door Country Creamery is more than an ice cream place. They have goat milk products, a wide variety of cheeses, and even sandwiches to order. I would definitely have this as a lunch spot for a girl's day/weekend to Door County. They are open 8:30-10 PM in the summer with the kitchen closing at 7.



The ice cream is not ice cream but gelato. Be still my heart. Gelato is even better than ice cream. I'm glad it is becoming more mainstream in the US. They have a dozen different flavors and is made with goat milk from their farm. I didn't even realize it was made with goat milk which means you can't tell the difference and it's tastes amazing.


Heather got Gingerbread Cookie which she said was amazing. It had the perfect sweetness to spiciness ration. Since there nothing overly chocolately besides straight up chocolate or hazelnut surprise (Ew.. gross), I went with Peanut Butter Stracciatella which was peanut butter with shavings of chocolate in it. Scrumptious. 


The only thing we said is we should have gotten the small instead of the medium and more napkins. It was hot and windy. The gelato melted faster than we could eat it even in dishes. Plus the tiny shovels didn't help. 

Door Country Creamery may have just surpassed Wilson's in taste but it is hard to beat the portions at Wilson's. It is definitely better than Grumpy's in Egg Harbor. I would drive the extra 10 minutes to get to Door Country Creamery for gelato. Definitely add Door County Creamery to your lunch or ice cream plans while in Sister Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment