Friday, July 21, 2023

Exploring State Trails 2023 -- Rockwell Mountain Bay State Trail

 When the hubby said he wasn't doing the regional tournament this year, I canceled most of my PTO except for Friday. I figured I'd hang out at the local tournament he decided to do instead. He was at Nouryon Sports Complex in Howard. 

There didn't seem to be a good walking trail so I ended up just kind of following the road. Then I saw this foot path and decided to follow it. The foot path led me to the Rockwell Mountain Bay State Trail which is one of the longest in the state. It runs from Rib Mountain to Green Bay and covers 83 miles. A trail pass is required if you are biking or roller blading. 

Since the trial is used for biking, horseback riding, and walk it is a mix of gravel and dirt which for me in flip flops was annoying. I kept shaking out pebbles from my sandals. I ended up walking about .75 on the trail before turning around and heading back to the game. 

This part of the trail is wooded. The shade makes it nice but that also means it can be buggy. Bug spray could be essential depending on the year.


I did walk through this culvert. It was a bit slick inside. 

Since many back yards but up against the trial, they have their own footbridges to get to the trail. 


I wish I had more time to explore this trail. It was is quiet and peaceful.. especially on a Friday morning. Brown County and Wisconsin both have wonderful trail systems and I plan on exploring more of them whenever I get the chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment