Monday, July 10, 2023

5238. Go to Pink Bakery in Egg Harbor

 Looking through my Door County Bucket List, I saw that Pink Bakery was on the list. They were open later in the day so it would be a good stop on the way through Egg Harbor after stopping at the library. 

Pink Bakery is located off of Main Street in Egg Harbor. It is open 8-8 Tuesday-Saturday in the summer.

There is parking in front which we didn't know. We ended up parking in the public parking lot and decided it to walk since it was less than a half mile. Until we headed in the wrong direction and ended up walking more than we wanted.  It finally dawned on me when we were headed out of town. Glad we got our exercise.

The bakery had a wide variety of items including donuts, cakes, cookies. pies, and giant cinnamon rolls. I picked up a M&M cookie for me, a couple frosted sugar cookies for the hubby, and each of us a donut. Everything got put in the same bag. 


The cookies from the Elegant Farmer were better. All the giant cookies looked over-baked. I was expecting a hard, crunchy cookie but it was surprisingly soft. 

The hubby said the sugar cookie was disgusting. The frosting was gross. It was not a rich buttercream that he liked nor was it Royal icing. We will definitely not be getting them again.

The donuts were not anything special. They were just your average donut. Maybe I am becoming a donut snob. They were good but had no wow factor. They were your basic long Johns and cake donuts. No specialty donuts. I guess their specialty is cakes and cupcakes. After having the cookies and donuts, I'm not in any hurry to try the cupcakes.

Pink Bakery is not one I would rule out completely for a return visit but there are definitely better bakeries/cafes that I'd go back to first. There are also a handful of other bakeries and cafes I want to try also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment