Sunday, October 8, 2023

5254. Have an ice cream cone at Wilson’s in Ephraim

 When I first went to Door County, I was told I have to go to Wilson's for ice cream. They have huge ice cream. cones. I have had ice cream there several times now. This year the hubby said he wanted ice cream from Wilson's when we went to Door County to get cherries. 

Wilson's Restaurant & Ice Cream Parlor is located in Ephraim. It is open seasonally from Mid May to Mid October. Hours depend on the month but usually open for lunch and dinner, maybe even later for ice cream. It has both indoor and outdoor seating plus the indoor ice cream counter. They can be a wait for a table for food or even ice cream.

We got to Wilson's mid-afternoon and there was a short wait for ice cream. They have about 25 flavors of ice cream available plus other ice cream treats such as sundaes, ice cream sodas, malts and shakes. I ordered a single scoop of my usual flavor of Big Muddy which was Dark chocolate ice cream with a caramel swirl and brownie pieces. 

The hubby got vanilla like usual. Once he got towards the bottom of the ice cream cone, he looks at me and was like what is in my cone with this really puzzled look on his face. I should have gotten a picture. I was like it is the jelly bean. Every ice cream cone comes with a jelly bean to keep from the ice cream from leaking out of the bottom of the cone. 

Even the dish of ice cream comes with an jelly bean on the top. That is a single scoop as well. I told you there scoops are huge and a bit pricy but well worth it.

Wilson's is definitely my favorite ice cream place in Door County. The food is good too. It is worth the wait. If you have not been to Wilson's make sure you stop on your next trip to Door County. It is has a nice view of the bay that you can watch the sunset as you enjoy your ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment