Saturday, September 23, 2023

Lunch at the Pfister

 After several Doors Open stops, we realized we probably should find food before we had to meet the guys for the library tour. Downtown Milwaukee has many options. I wanted to see the Pfister since it was part of Doors Open and I was never there. We walked in and while I grabbed an art guide, Stacy realized we could have lunch at the café.

Despite my brain calculating how much this lunch would cost me, I didn't see a better option. Besides how often do you really get to have lunch at the Pfister? The Pfister is one of the premier hotels in downtown Milwaukee. It has been around since 1893 and is reportedly haunted. Most of the baseball teams that come to play the Brewers, stay at the Pfister. It's gorgeous and I had no objection jumping at the chance to have lunch at the Pfister. Besides it would be another new restaurant for me this year -- one of my 23 in 2023 goals.

We ate at the Café at the Pfister which is just what it sounds.. less fancy and smaller portions than at Mason Street Grill. It is a café that servers breakfast and lunch in a traditional café setting. They have both a coffee shop where you can get coffee drinks and pastries as well as sit down options. We did sit down



The menu is limited and Stacy and I did a Pick 2. We both ordered BBQ Chicken Sliders and a Chicken Caesar Salad. I'm not crazy about Cesar salad but this one had some lemon flavoring that sounded intriguing. If I did not go with that I probably would had the BBQ Beef Brisket. The prices were more than what I normally pay for lunch but for the Pfister completely reasonable. 

Our food was very good.. when it came. They somehow lost our order and it took longer than usual to get our food. Our waitress did bring us a fruit cup for the little one. I should clarify, the sliders were amazing. The salad not so much... we got Cobb salads instead of Caesar salads. The Cobb salad had diced tomatoes and blue cheese which is why I didn't order it to begin with. I picked around those and it wasn't bad just not the Caesar salad we ordered. The bacon was amazing treat. You can never go wrong with bacon.


Despite the wait and wrong salads, I would definitely go back. The hubby might not like it but I found it something out of the ordinary that was similar to eating at the Palmer House or other hotel. I would definitely recommend having lunch at the Pfister when you're downtown Milwaukee and who knows maybe you'll see the ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment