Sunday, September 24, 2023

Empanadas for Lunch

 The kids wanted burgers or chicken. Mom overruled them because she wanted empanadas. I really didn't care what we had. Empanadas is what we got.

Stacy always knows where to find the best food. La Masa on Brady Street is an Empanada Bar. It is located on the corner of E. Brady St. and N. Arlington Pl. There is a small parking lot nearby otherwise find street parking. We had ended up in the lot after circling the block a couple of times. It didn't help it was lunch time and the Packers were playing. They are open every day of the week until at least 9.

The best way of ordering the empanadas is as a platter of 12 especially if you are with a group. They serve 16 different varieties of empanadas and not all of them Mexican. They are some Asian inspired flavors and a few more American style ones. If you are just looking for plain chicken or beef you are out of luck.

I had to expand my horizons and reach outside of my comfort zone when it came to picking empanada flavors. On the initial pass through there was really only two that I would even consider -- Cheese Curd n' bacon and Jamon y queso (ham and cheese). However Stacy wanted a few more suggestions and I said I was willing to try Thai Chicken Peanut, Carnitas Verde, Queso Poblano, and the Cuban.


Each one is stamped with 1 or 2 letters that correspond back to the menu so you know which one you are eating. 



Hands down my favorite was the Cheese Curd one. It tasted just like cheese curds. The ham and cheese was very good too. I was not a huge fan of the peanut chicken -- a bit too spicy. The Queso Poblano was a bit spicy but you could pull out the pepper pieces.

I would definitely go back and recommend it to anyone that is looking for something different. It is worth the parking headaches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment