Tuesday, September 19, 2023

7146. Eat Rock Candy

 I have a sweet tooth. I love candy stores. However, I am very picky about the candy I get at a candy store. I prefer taffy, licorice, or a candy bar as opposed to hard, sucking candies. Even growing up, I would go with a candy bar or occasionally get a candy stick or candy buttons. Rock Candy never really crossed my mind probably because I don't remember seeing much of it.


When my Brenda Novak Book Box included a rock candy stick in our August box, I figured I might as well give it a try. I waited until we played BINGO and broke out the rock candy. We all got blue raspberry.


Thoughts? It isn't bad. It is definitely on the harder, sucking candy side. It is fairly easy to eat initially but once you got towards the bottom of the stick, it was harder to eat. I ended up eating it sideways.


I also found that since it was pretty much pure sugar, to be overly sweet. I ended up eating it over the course of two nights. 

I probably will not buy myself one in the future however if someone gave me rock candy, I would eat it. It is just not my kind of candy. At least I can say I now tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment