Saturday, September 23, 2023

5388. Tour the Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee

 One of the things I told Stacy I wanted to do during Doors Open Weekend was to tour Lakefront Brewery. I really just wanted to see the original Bernie's Chalet and the only way to do that is tour the Brewery. Of course Stacy was game.  We decided to book the 4 PM tour.

Lakefront Brewery is located on Commerce St along the river in the Brewer's Hill neighborhood. There is a small parking lot but for the most part it is street parking. On a gorgeous Saturday afternoon parking can be several blocks away. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to park and walk before your tour. Tours are available every day starting at 12 PM every half hour. Weekend tours allow to see more of the brewery since it is not in production. Brewery. Tickets are $15/adults. You do get 4 8oz pours of beer and a free pint glass with your tour ticket. Tours last about an hour

Once you get checked in, they give you 4 tokens for your beer. You can get your first beer in the beer hall before the tour start. I got La Grosa Rita which was a margarita style ale. I was not a huge fan of it.


Our tour guide was hilarious and made the tour worth it. We learned how the beer making process really happened which is pretty much the same in all breweries. 





We also picked up our second beer. This time I tried Agave Sun which is a Blue Agave Ale. This one was definitely better. I would get it again. 

As we moved through the brewing process, we got to see the original Bernie Brewer Chalet that was at County Stadium. Our guide told us the story of how he and another guy camped out for the chalet. Not sure how much truth there was to that story. There was also supposedly a slide from the Chalet to the mug where tour participants could slide down but the insurance company didn't find that very safe. Again not sure I believe that 100%.



After the tour, we still had 2 tokens for beer left. We each gave one away. Then decided we might as well get dinner. We tried to eat in the beer hall but forgot to check in the hostess stand so no one pay attention to us. Oops minor detail. I guess I will have to wait to try the sausage flight. In the mean time, we got our last beer. I went with their cranberry seltzer which was okay.

We decided to check out the food truck instead. I wanted the bacon wrapped brat on a stick but it was sold out. We ended up splitting Banh Mi Sliders and Pork Tacos. I swear it was the same meat but with different toppings and buns. They were both good just not as good as a bacon wrapped brat would have been. We enjoyed the views of the river while we ate.




Lakefront Brewery Tour is definitely worth. It is also a good place to hang out during the summer. The food and beer is good. I would take the hubby here if we actually ever go to Milwaukee. He probably would not do the tour because there is no way I could drink 64 ounces of beer. 24 is pretty much my limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment