Monday, March 9, 2020

Pios Take Over Maryvale

One day in November or December, I received an alumni email from Carroll College, excuse me Carroll University, saying they were doing an alumni gathering in Phoenix at a Brewers Spring Training game.. the same game we were going to. For $40, you got a ticket to the game in the suite and all you can eat and drink. The hubby agreed that was a good deal and I signed up us.



Then about a week or so before the event, I got another email asking if we wanted to join them for a free pregame party at a pizza place not far from the stadium. Of course we signed up. It turns out there were more alumni that wanted to attend than there was room in the suite, so they did the pregame party at Lou Malnati's Pizzeria. The pregame party allowed us to mingle with some of the other alums, swap stories, and enjoy some good food. I also discovered fried pickles. YUM!!!



Then we headed over to Maryvale for some Brewer baseball. After picking up our will call tickets, I stopped to see the Weinermobile before heading into the park. While at the game yesterday, the hubby and I were trying to find the suites. It turns out there are upstairs by the press boxes and are only two. As we were headed to the suite, we ran into Matt LaPay. The hubby had to get his picture taken.



Carroll's president, Dr. Cindy Gnadinger, threw out the first pitch. The week before she was getting pointers and tips from the softball team. It helped.



Instead of mingling too much, the hubby and I claimed stake to a couple of stools and watched the game from the windows. I mingled a bit and talked to a few people. It was a pretty good game but like usual all the excitement happened after we left.




I even talked with Dr. Gnadinger and got my picture taken.




I ended up winning my first piece of Carroll University gear too... well the hubby did but claimed it. We all left with some MLB Network goody bags too.. a tote with a stress ball, sunglasses, and a coupon for a restaurant down there.



It was a great evening. My first suite experience for the Brewers. My first Carroll alum event. A brewer game. I hope they continue to do the Brewer game outing in future years.. or maybe a T-Rats outing in Appleton.

No comments:

Post a Comment