Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Quarantine Adventures: A Jam Session with Luke Coombs

I am not a big fan of listening to music. I will have the radio on the car when I'm by myself and listen to tunes while I run/walk. However, I rarely go to concerts, download songs, or watch music videos. However, when I saw that Luke Coombs was doing a Livestream on Y100's Facebook page.

I am not a big fan of new country. I prefer the country from the 90's and early 2000's when there was a fiddle in the band. Today's country is a lot more pop than toe tapping, boot scooting down home country.

Being stuck inside for the last month, I was excited to hear some live music. I tuned into the Livestream.

At first there was some technical difficulties with the sound. We couldn't hear him. Eventually they got it figured out.



Luke played his new song "Six Feet Apart". That song is the perfect pandemic song. I might actually have to go download it.

The livestream only lasted about 15 or 20 minutes but it was a break in the mundane. It was a good show. He actually puts on a good acoustic set. Not all musicians can do an acoustic set well.

Now I have to go find some more concerts to listen to while stuck inside besides our weekly Opry dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment