Saturday, August 29, 2026

26 in 2026 -- Try at least one new beer, cider, or cocktail -- Fang Venom

Heather and I decided we needed one last baseball cocktail this year at the T-rats game. We were hoping for some fun themed Bratoberfest drinks but no such luck. 

We headed to Leinie's Lodge to figure out what we were having. I really enjoyed the First Base Fizz we had last time but I wanted to try something new. I debated between two options and went with the lesser of the two evils which was Fang Venom. I will save the other one for next year hopefully.

Fang Venom is not my usual cocktail but it sounded intriguing enough that it was a try. It had Captain Morgan, Watermelon Schanpps, Blue Curaco, Pineapple Juice and Cherries. The cherries is what sold me.

First off it was the interesting shade of green. 



Then there was the taste... the pineapple and watermelon definitely over powered each other and was wrong. I really didn't notice the Captain Morgan. It was definitely a battle of pineapple or watermelon depending on the sip. 

Maybe this will be a lesson in not picking drinks based on the names. It was definitely venom. Not as bad as my first ever martini but definitely something I wouldn't get again. 

I wonder what next baseball season bring Heather and I for cocktails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment