I read that Straits State Park had great views of the Mackinac Bridge. You could get a straight on view. Since we had the Michigan State Park for the day, I figured we could check it out.
Straits State Park is located just outside of St. Ignace. It is open 8 AM - 10 PM Daily.
There is 1 overlook with some parking. It has a very good view of the bridge. Just not the view I was looking for.
The other overlook that has an straight on view of the birdge is in the campground and has only handicap parking. We were not able to stop at the overlook. If we hiked the Straits Main Trial, I'm sure we would have gotten to the overlook. The hubby doesn't hike.
The park is also home to The Father Marquette National Memorial and park. However it is closed for renovations until 2027. I was really hoping to see the national memorial.
The North Country trail also goes through the park for about an mile.
So overall it was not the stop I was hoping for but if you are into hiking or wait until 2027 and can see The Father Marquette National Memorial and park, you will probably enjoy it more than I did. I probably won't have stopped we didn't already have the day pass.


No comments:
Post a Comment