I made it one of my many life goals to have donuts in every state. I try to find local donut shops where ever we are visiting. We have several favorites that we try to visit when we are in the area. So when we decided to visit Duluth, I knew I had to try to find donuts in Duluth and I found Voyageur Donuts.
Voyageur Donuts is located downtown Duluth in the Canal Park area. It is slightly hard to find if you are not looking for it. We drove by it the first time. It is inside the DeWitt-Seitz building. It does have it's own parking lot. Voyageur Donuts is open 7-5 Sun, Mon, Tue, and Thu. 7-6 on Fridays and Saturdays. They are closed on Wednesdays.
Voyageur Donuts is walk up shop. There is some outdoor seating. They offer donuts, coffee, and other beverages. They have classic, signature, and seasonal flavors which are all cake donut based. Each donut is $4. I thought it was a little pricy for the size of the donut.
The whole reason we went here was there was a donut called "The Steve" -- a plain ass donut. Since we are friends with a Steve, we had to go and get a least one Steve.
The hubby got The Steve. I went with the smore.
The donuts were okay. The hubby said The Steve was greasy.. so it's now a Greasy Steve to us. My smore wasn't as greasy but still was slightly greasy. The flavor was good.
I also got a iced chai latte. It had a very strong tea flavor. I did not enjoy it. I like more of a mild tea flavor.
We knocked donuts in Minnesota off the list. If we get back to Voyageur Donuts great but I would be open to finding other donut shops in the area if we are ever in Duluth.
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment