The Grumpy Troll is a Brew Pub in Mount Horeb. It is right downtown so there's plenty of street parking if you don't mind walking a block or two. They open every day at 11 and closed between 7:30-8:30 depending on the day.
One of the real reasons I picked it was because it was brew pub and I know Stacy enjoys her beer and they usually have good food. They have a good selection of their own beers plus other local beers. I am a shandy and a sour beer drinker. Recently I have to be in the mood for a sour. The Grumpy Troll had a create your own shandy -- pick a beer and then pick your mixer (lemonade, grapefruit juice, cranberry juice, or apple juice). I went with El Gnomo, which was a light refreshing summer beer, and of course lemonade. The other mixers just seemed weird to me in a beer.
My shandy was very good. I like they give you options to make it your own. Not everyone likes a simple shandy and it gives you the opportunity to be creative. I had no trouble drinking the whole thing. Sometimes I get half way through a beer and had enough.
Stacy said no matter what you ordered, you had to have the Grump Chips. I am one never to say no to homemade chips. We both ended up with the same thing -- The Brisket Melt and Grump Chips.
Grump Chips are homemade chips sprinkled with spiced parmesan served with a Gorgonzola mayo. They were amazing. I am not one for mayo, it is growing on me, but this stuff was really good. Even if you don't like mayo or Gorgonzola, it is worth dipping the chips in.
Our Brisket Melts were equally delicious. The best part was it was served on sourdough. It was quite filling especially with a plate full of Grump Chips.
If you are ever in Mt. Horeb, chasing trolls or not, check out the Grumpy Troll for lunch or dinner. It is a perfect place to grab a bit to eat. Hopefully I get back down there so I can take the hubby.





No comments:
Post a Comment