Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Dining Adventures -- Moofinfries

 One of the things that 101 Things You Should Do In the Upper Peninsula suggested was to have white fish. I am not a huge fish fan but having fresh white fish sounded appealing. We needed dinner for our second night in St. Ignace, so I figured fish was a good option. I don't remember if the book mentioned Moofinfries or if Google suggested it but based on the name alone, I was sold. 

Moofinfries is not quite a hole-in-the-wall restaurant just more like a roadside diner. Located on Hwy 2 in Naubinway, Moofinfries is opnen daily 11-7 during the summer months. 

It is not a large place but has enough empty tables when we were there. 

Moofinfries gets it's name because that's all they serve. Burgers (Moo), Fish (fin), and Fries. The burgers come grass fed beef cows on his brother's farm. If his brother doesn't have beef, there are no burgers. He gets his fish from one supplier and if he doesn't have fish that day, there is no fish. The fries are hand cut when you order them. It is a very simple operation. 

Obviously we came for the fish. We both ordered fish and fries. 

We each got 2 fillets of deep fried white fish and plenty of fries. The fish came with lemon and tartar sauce. I normally detest tartar sauce. However, the hubby was like try the tartar sauce. It was amazing. It is more of a creamy dill sauce than traditional tartar sauce. The owner said his wife makes it. I would pay money for that recipe. 



The fries were good too. They even have malt vinegar for the fries. 

We were too full from dinner to have the homemade ice cream they also sell. 

Next we said we wanted to try the burgers. 

If you are in the U.P., definitely try to make it to Moofinfries. It is worth every penny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment