Tuesday, August 4, 2026

6539. Dip my toes in Lake Superior

 Everyone always says Lake Superior is the coldest of the Great Lakes and it really is. I wanted to find out how cold it really was. Initially the bucket list said "swim in Lake Superior" but that really wasn't feasible at least on this trip. I figured I could at least dip my toes in Lake Superior. 

While researching this trip, I saw there was a beach just past the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum. I figured this was an easy spot to wade into Lake Superior. There is a path at the far of the museum complex that leads down to the beach. It is a nice sandy beach. 

I waded into Lake Superior up to my ankles. It was not as cold as I expected it to be. It was like Lake Michigan in the summer. I don't think I would want to spend a lot of time in the water but it wasn't freezing. The hubby just thought I was nuts. 

Maybe one day I'll swim in Lake Superior or at least splash around in it. For now dipping my toes in was good enough. Now the goal is to dip my toes in all the Great Lakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment