Wednesday, May 10, 2023

7535. Create alcohol ink art

 May's Make and Mingle at Kaukauna Library was Alcohol Ink Coasters. I don't need any more coasters and all the alcohol ink projects, I've seen I was not overly impressed with. Despite both of those, I figured what the heck, I might have give this alcohol ink art a whirl.

Alcohol ink is not all the difficult to work with. You literally wipe/drop/pour rubbing alcohol on your surface. We used ceramic tiles. Then you drop alcohol ink on top.


They will create puddles.

You can use multiple colors


You can swirl the ink around to create patterns.

You can press the ink into the tile with your gloved hand to make a really cool background and then add a different color on top.


You can drop more alcohol on top of your ink to wash out the color.

The possibilities are endless. 

Super easy. Slightly messy. 

While we were waiting for our sealant to dry, the one gal commented she would love to tile her shower with these. It is a great idea. We told her she should go to the Kohler Art Center to check out the bathrooms there. They have some unique ones.

I bring home the coasters and the hubby is like more coasters? I'm like these are our outside coasters and put them in the garage to use when we entertain outside. We rarely do but you never know when you need coasters outside. Now we have them just in case.

I would totally do this again. Maybe not coasters or a mug. Maybe a bigger wall size or mantle size piece. It is fun and relaxing not to mention quick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment