Monday, August 1, 2016

Dining with Craxi: Tony's Pizza

After softball on Sunday, the hubby wanted to go out for pizza – big shock there! Since we were in Two Rivers Manitowoc, he wanted a place in either one of those places. He mentioned Tony’s in Manitowoc. I checked Yelp and the reviews were ok mainly complaining about slow service -- all from 2015. I came up with a couple other options… one was only a delivery/carry out place and we can do Luigi’s in Appleton. So Tony’s it was.

The hubby had a vague idea of how to get to Tony’s. However, I still had to navigate using Google Maps. Luckily, I learned I can use Google maps, see where I am, and not use any data. I’ve not tried using the navigation with data being off…. Only tricky part came when we got to the one way street and had to figure out where to go from there. It was just a slight hiccup but we found a street that would take us to Washington Street without any difficulty.

Tony’s is a bar type pizza place. It does have a take-out window. We got there after 8 pm and the place almost empty. We got a seat at a high top in the bar. The waitress took our drinks and returned to take our order. We ordered garlic bread and pizza.

The garlic bread arrived in a soup bowl. The garlic bread looked to be smushed into the bowl. It tasted alright and was the perfect size for the two of us. I did put parmesan cheese on my slices.

The pizza arrived hot. The hubby asked before he ordered if they made their own sausage and the waitress said they made everything in house. Being the pizza snobs we are, we had to dissect the pizza. The crust was a thick cracker that had cornmeal on the bottom. It was quite tasty and even good reheated. The sauce was too sweet for my liking but the hubby liked it. The sausage was fantastic. There was plenty of cheese.



We ordered the 18” pizza and that was more than enough. The sizes were probably my only complaint. There was no 16”. You could get 12”, 14”, 18” or 20” but no 16”. I guess that meant I had lunch for the week among with the leftovers as even the hubby who didn’t eat anything all day couldn’t finish all the pizza.

Either the service improved or we came in at a dead time because we had no issues with the service. The hubby said that this gets to stay on the list and we will be stopping here again when we are in the area. He even said it’s not any farther than going to Schuster’s for chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment