Sunday, August 21, 2016

AP 2016 American Mini Golf Tour

The hubby and I like to play mini golf because it something we both can do. With his schedule, he hardly ever get to play during the summer any more. Living in Wisconsin this is like the only time you can play mini golf. Somewhere along the lines, I get the brilliant idea to try to play mini golf in as many states as possible.

Last year we golfed in Ohio and New York. This year I really didn’t expect to golf as I didn’t really find any mini golf places on our route. That changed when I was looking for something to do the first night at the World Series since games were moved earlier in the day. I found a place in Massachusetts then the hubby asks what about West Virginia and Kentucky. Thanks to my TripAdvisor app, I was able to find places in West Virginia and Kentucky.

Fenway Golf
Driving from the Armory to play mini golf, the GPS had us go through not so nice areas of Springfield. I was about to scratch the whole playing golf idea but the neighborhood got better.


Fenway Golf was a bit pricy to play mini golf -- $9/person for 18 holes. The course was very scenic including a fake waterfall on one of the last holes. I thought the course was easy to play. There weren’t too many challenges. I ended up beating the hubby 51-54.


Wheeling Park Mini Golf
The hubby was excited to find out we were going through the very tip of West Virginia on the way to Ohio. He is obsessed with West Virginia ever since the West Virginia basketball team beat Kansas at home and they fired a musket in the gym while playing “Country Roads.” Of course it was only fitting to play mini golf in West Virginia.

Wheeling Park Mini Golf was as it's name suggested in Wheeling Park. At first we didn’t see it when we drove through the park as it wasn’t signed very good. The course was a decent course for being weathered. It wasn’t anything special but it was cheaper than the one in Springfield. There were pine needles from all the trees on the course but it really didn’t affect the game.

The course had its challenging holes. Other holes were a pretty straight shot that the hubby thought he should have had several holes in ones.





I golfed poorly and the hubby beat my 43-53. I am blaming it on the club. I like golfing with a black head club (less clunky)… I had a blue one. The hubby tried to help me out and teach me how to putt (again). I aim better with the smaller head.

If we’re ever in Wheeling again, we would definitely play this course again

World of Golf
Since we had time to kill between leaving Florence, KY and when the Slugger Museum opened in Lousiville, the hubby wanted to play mini golf. I found a mini golf course not too far from the hotel that opened at 7 AM on weekends. That was perfect. The hubby and I were tied 1 match a piece and with not much time left in summer, we had to crown the 2106 mini golf champion.




World of Golf was a very nice course. It reminded me of Badger Sports Park with the themed holes. There was a couple horse racing holes and a baseball themed hole.




I don’t think anyone else was playing at 9 in the morning and if there were they let us skipped them. The hubby ended up with 2 holes-in-one. Despite having a 8 stroke lead after the first 9 holes, I only lost by 5.



Once again I’m blaming the club. I really should bring my own club then I wouldn’t have these problems.
Even though the hubby is the 2016 mini golf champion, we had fun playing. We added three new states to the list of states we played mini golf in. I am glad I won at 1 round. I am sure we will play again somewhere next year, where I don’t know but hopefully it is somewhere new.

No comments:

Post a Comment