Wednesday, August 24, 2016

#5860. Listen to dueling pianos

When I saw that Danielle was interested in the Dueling Pianos at Shattuck Park on Facebook, I wanted to go. The hubby had middle school football but he would be done around the time it started. The hubby said it sounded cool and we decided to go check it out.


I don’t know what I was expecting, probably 2 piano players going back and forth or something, but this fell short. Maybe they would have been better in a more intimate setting and not a park. They couldn’t get the crowd really into it. No one really sang along.


The songs people requested were out of their vocal range. They murdered Johnny Cash, Journey, even the Chicken Dance. The only decent song was a Spice Girls song. Now that is sad.

Great Balls of Fire

Johnny Cash

Overall I wasn’t impressed by the music. I was ready to leave after 10 minutes but we stayed about 45 minutes. They tried to mix comedy with the music and it just wasn’t working.

Chicken Fried by the Zac Brown Band

There were vendors selling food. Broken Tree was selling pizza. I’ve been trying to get the hubby to try this place. Now that he actually has seen the pizza, he wants to try it. I wonder when that will happen.
It was a nice night to stand around and listen to music. I wish I remembered to grab my chair so I could sit. Shattuck Park is a great place for a concert. Maybe I will check out more of Future Neenah’s concerts in the Park next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment